Make sure the following checklist applies:
- You are using a 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n WiFi router
- You have a minimum 2 Mbps upload and download speeds at the installation location. You can use an online speed checker while connected to WiFi at the installation location to check. Type “WiFi speed check” in your smartphone’s browser window to find one suitable for you.
- Try cycling the power by unplugging and re-plugging the Koda Security Camera with Motion-Activated Floodlight or by resetting the circuit breaker to the security camera.
Please contact customer service. We will need to know the brand and model of your router and smartphone, and Koda app version you are using. In some cases, there are parental controls or firewall security enabled on your network preventing the connection. Other issues may include:
- Compatibility issues with older model WiFi routers.
- Running the product on captive portal networks. These are typically free WiFi connection hotspots that time out and/or require you to agree to terms of service.
- Open-source firmware such as DD-WRT, OpenWRT, and Tomato.
- WiFi router has a limited number of total connected devices that can be connected at the same time.
You may also have difficulty pairing the Koda Security Camera with Motion-Activated Floodlight to your mobile device if you have metal near your phone, such as the magnetic sheet used for car mounts, metal pop sockets, or metal phone cases.
Please ensure you remove such accessories to prevent interference with the connection.