If your solar bollard light is not turning on at night, please try the following steps:
- Check that the bollard is switched ON. Lift-up the top cap (which houses solar panel, battery, and light engine). On the underside of the cap, press the button to ON position (button should depressed, not up).
- Allow more recharging time. To do this, press the button to OFF position (button should be up, not in). Wait for a period of 3 (up to 7 days in the Winter) with bollard in the OFF position. (Doing this allows the bollard to fully recharge its battery, without dissipating energy at night.) After 3-7 days, turn the bollard back ON, and observe at night to see if the light is turning on, and at acceptable brightness.
- Check the battery. If you try the first two steps, and don’t achieve light at night, open the battery compartment (found on underside of bollard’s removable top cap). This will require a small Philips head screwdriver. Switch bollard to OFF and remove the battery. Wipe contacts (+/-) of both battery and compartment with a dry cloth. Replace the battery, turn the bollard back ON, and observe the light at night.
- Replace the battery. If cleaning the battery and compartment contacts fails, please replace the battery with a commercially available battery. KODAs Solar Mosaic Square Bollard Light uses an AA-size 1.2V 900mAh Ni-MH. Use these specifications to find the correct replacement battery at a hardware store or online.
- If all else fails, return your Solar Bollard to the retailer or directly to KODA.